March 31, 2008

Conflicting Interests

This weekend I stumbled across some signs that engaged my cynical side.

The first occured while I was driving down Washington Blvd. In front of me was a very nice Volvo that had a license plate cover which stated: Love Animals - Don't Eat Them
I couldn't help but notice how the luxury sedan's seats were draped in fine leather. A little conflict here? Am I being too Cynical? Can you really be a "professed" animal lover and a fan of leather seats?

Next, Wall Avenue. Bright and early in the morning I was driving to work when I drove past a small toyota truck that was obviously a work vehicle. On the side of the vehicle was a portion of Michaelangelo's "The Creation", you know, the one that we carelessly crop to only include the touching of the fingers? Anyways, on top of the decal was the quote "Custom Painting" Now, I realize that most likely the man does not create works to hang on the wall. But seriously, how "custom" can you really be if your company logo is lifted from Mickey Mike?

No comments: